Home Forum Ask A Member 1958 Lightwin Refurb

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    lindy46
    Participant

US Member
      quote fleetwin:

Cool, I bought a can of commodore blue from Reprotint, but haven’t tried it yet. I get so discouraged with most of the supposed matched colors I have tried, they tend to be a tad dark and take on a maroon-ish tint…

The reprotint is fairly foolproof and goes on very smoothly. The color match to the original was right-on. The engine block was all original color and looked like new and the reprotint matched perfectly. I’ve had very good luck with their paints.

lindy46
      Participant

US Member
        quote 1946Zephyr:

Very nice little motor. Those usually do come back to life pretty easily. I wouldn’t have went as far as you did, since now it prevents you from using it. A tune up, would have sufficed.

No, I’ll use it. I have a little Gheenoe and it’s going on that. I plan on taking it (and my 1947 Sportsman) to the AOMCI meet in Louisville, TN in May.

1946zephyr
        Participant

Oh cool. Excellent motors, for that. 🙂

wedgie
          Participant

Picked this little gem up tonight. coils have already been replaced and has good bounce. Needs the tank and carb and points cleaned and I bet it runs well ! Spent $80.00 Canadian, a little more than usual but it is in better shape than most. 😛

fleetwin
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

another sweetheart

lindy46
              Participant

US Member

Nice find – looks to be in good shape!

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.