Home Forum Ask A Member 1962 Johnson Outboard motor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ptinucci
    Participant

Greetings Members,

My Uncle has 1962 40 HP Johnson motor that he purchased for his boat in 1962. It is now in the garage of his home which is in the process of being emptied. I am interested in finding a potential interested party to either purchase the motor or an organization who would be willing to take the motor as a donation. I have included two photos and have original sale information. The motor is in good condition, but I could not tell you when it was removed or when the last time it was operational. Please reply with a contact or directly to paul.tinucci@bosch.com.. There are only a few weeks before the motor will be needed to be removed and likely disposed of if there is not any interest. Thanks for your input

Attachments:

davidk
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Location would be helpful. Good of you to take the time to research antique outboards and offer it to the club.

fleetwin
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yes, we need location and contact information. I’m sure there is an interested member in your area. That is a wonderful old outboard, and we will do our best to find a loving home for it. Where is the boat that the engine was on? I ask because that engine really has to have its remote control box and electric start wiring harness in order to be used, due to its electric shift gearcase.

ptinucci
          Participant

David and Don,
            Thanks for your communications and comments relating to the controls. The motor is currently in Richfield Mn, a suburb of Minneapolis. It is very close to I-494 and Lyndale Ave intersections. I will be able to provide additional information regarding the controls later today after another inspection. I noticed our local chapter just completed an event at Bald Eagle Lake on May 6th. The boat resides in the town of Barnum Minnesota at a cabin now owned by his cabin neighbor. I will reach out to him also if the controls are not currently in the garage with the motor. I am hopeful that someone will have an interest in the motor.

amuller
            Participant

I’m in Red Wing, MN. Sent you an email.

ptinucci
              Participant

Thanks all for your input. Upon final inspection and lack of controls, this motor has been laid to rest!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.