Home Forum Ask A Member 1964 Evinrude 28HP 305105 Clutch Dog

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bob-d
    Participant

US Member

Rebuilding my gear case, and noticed my replacement Clutch Dog is a beefier design. Checked the MarineEngine website and didn’t notice any part  supersessions? Anything to be concerned about? Seems to fit the shaft and gears. I’m happy for the stronger design, but just don’t want to seal up the case half’s and have a problem.                                                    Does anyone know when, and if they changed the design, or was I sold the wrong Clutch Dog?                                                                                                                                                      Looking at the case, someone has already been inside (ie…double O rings on the shift rod rushing) possibly the original owner used the wrong part on his rebuild?                                       Thanks,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Bob D

IMG_3881

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.