Home Forum Ask A Member 1967 E-rude 6hp 6702S

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    twostroke
    Participant

Excuse me for the non-anteek motor question… My brother in law just came up with this dirt cheap to use as a fishing motor (and I’m sure I’m on the hook to make it ‘right’). I assume this is (internally) the same as my beloved old CD Johnsons….but is this motor the same deal….pull powerhead to change water pump? In my own defense…I haven’t even looked at it yet, so if this is a stupid question, I apologize.

Thanks for any info!

Jim

I say "pardon me" a lot. I had a 20H, then raced open mod sleds.

rco
      Participant

Very similar to the 5.5, but thankfully you don’t need to pull the powerhead to do the impeller. Just remove the four bolts, and you can drop the lower down far enough to disconnect the shift coupler.

twostroke
        Participant

Thanks!

I say "pardon me" a lot. I had a 20H, then raced open mod sleds.

frankr
          Participant

US Member

Couple more things you need to do. Remove spark plugs. Then slowly rotate the flywheel as you lower the gearcase. There is a pin through the drive shaft that must align with a slot to allow it to come down. Once you find it, do not move the flywheel again till the lower unit is back up in place. Also note the position of the pin so you can pre-align it before reinstallation.

crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

see pic

Attachments:

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.