Home Forum Ask A Member 1974 Eska 1925B 9.5HP Manual/Parts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tdhopkin
    Participant

Hey all,

I have just recently picked up a 1974 Eska 9.5 HP outboard (model 1925B) and I was hoping that someone could point me in the direction of a PDF manual and a potential source for parts (should the need arise). I have attempted to look around the internet but haven’t been too successful.

The motor is not currently running, and I think it may be an issue with one of the coils, but would like to have a manual to know what I’m working with as my mechanical knowledge is fairly limited. I would prefer not to have to purchase a paper copy as I am eager to get out with it, so a PDF version would be awesome!

I appreciate any assistance that can be offered!

Buccaneer
      Participant

US Member

If you can post photos that may help someone determine who made the
        engine in your Eska and help in deciding how to trouble shoot.

These places sell some Eska parts
        http://www.boatsportandtackle.com/brand … t=featured

http://home.earthlink.net/~brixent/

Prepare to be boarded!

retiredoz
        Participant

US Member

IMHO, you might have picked an easier example to apply your mechanical skills. This motor has a solid-state ignition with a semi-sophisticated automotive-style spark advance with the ignition module that didn’t come with a guarantee of longevity. That part may be out of print, or hideously expensive if available. Tecumseh built that engine ’73-’85, and as far as I know, never used that setup on any of their other products.
          Special tools are required for timing if most anything under the flywheel is replaced, or if the stator is removed without marking it’s position.
          I would expect that most replacement parts would require finding a cadaver, although impellers (these are water-cooled) may still be around.
          I wish you good fortune.

dougs-outboards
          Participant

And if you ever need a prop for that, I have a brand new, in the package prop for that model, cheap. If interested email outboardrepair1@yahoo.com

Doug

tdhopkin
            Participant

I appreciate the quick responses! I thank you all.

I can most definitely post some pictures when I take a look at it again. Hopefully that can help!

In terms of the semi-complex nature of the motor, my brother and I picked it up for a package deal with a 12′ boat for a really good deal – hence the purchase. I’m fairly certain it was running very recently, but I cannot confirm for sure. I am hopeful that with the help of this forum, plus some other research I can get it going again.

I will keep the prop offer in mind! If I determine that I need one, or would like a spare, I will most definitely reach out.

retiredoz
              Participant

US Member

The crux of my comment relates to ignition. If you have spark, you can undoubtedly resurrect it. If you don’t, I’d reconsider…

tdhopkin
                Participant
                  quote retiredoz:

The crux of my comment relates to ignition. If you have spark, you can undoubtedly resurrect it. If you don’t, I’d reconsider…

Well, it seems to have spark with one of the coils and not the other. I’m not sure why. Is there a way to test the style of coil that appears in the pictures below? I do have very limited experience testing coils, but ones with ground wiring, which these do not have. So I am kind of stumped!

There are other pics of the engine as well. If possible, I would prefer to get this motor going… otherwise I’ll have to suck it up and get another little one!

Attachments:

Buccaneer
                  Participant

US Member

Perhaps you could switch one component at a time from the good spark
                    cylinder to "no" spark, and see what component might be bad?

Prepare to be boarded!

retiredoz
                    Participant

US Member

I’d consider that encouraging. If the module under the flywheel went south, you probably wouldn’t have life on one cylinder. Follow Buccanneer’s suggestion to locate the non-functioning coil (maybe after double-checking all available connections, and/or replace the plugs). Those coils may still be available..

retiredoz
                      Participant

US Member

This may prove useful :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ESKA-9-5-HP-OU … 8058!US!-1

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.