Home Forum Ask A Member 381634 Wiring Harness

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    johnyrude200
    Participant

I have a wiring harness here, NIB, and am trying to figure out what it goes to. Been digging through my parts books without much luck. Anyone know what this might be for?

It has a battery cable in the bundle, trim and tach leads.

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

engine size… model… year ????

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

johnyrude200
        Participant

All I have is the wiring harness. No idea what engine this goes to. I would surmise an early 70’s V4. Box is still post marked Aug 12th, 1971. It’s brand new.

billw
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

A pic would be worth a thousand words, here. Black or red cannon plug? Or individual wires, in lieu of a cannon plug? On the boat end, are the battery cables extra length or are they short, as if to go to a junction box? Is there a part number on the box or the harness? I’m sure I am wrong; but I don’t remember a pre 1971 harness that would have had trim leads built in….?

Long live American manufacturing!

johnyrude200
            Participant

The part number is in the title of the thread 🙂

It has the big red plug, boat side the trim leads have the ring terminals for connecrions to a junction terminal. Its coiled up still with rope twine and service tags on it explaining what wire goes to what.

crosbyman
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

web info..

https://www.boatpartguys.com/…/Engine … on-Parts… – Traduire cette page
                381624 – WIRE HARNESS. 381624 – WIRE HARNESS.. Add to Wish List. Add to Compare. 381628 – WTR PUMP KIT. $285.00 $285.00. 381628 – WTR PUMP KIT. 381628 – WTR PUMP KIT.. Add to Wish List … 381634 supersedes to 382688 <- please retry search with this number. 381634 supersedes to 382688 .

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

billw
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yeah, I didn’t see the number before because the print was too large in the title line. Lol. Duh. Anyway, it’s weird: Yesterday, when I typed that number into Marine Engine.com, two showed up at $50 each. Today, they are gone. Yesterday’s picture showed the red plug okay but, like yours, it was coiled. You couldn’t see any more details of the ends. These trim wires….I assume they are blue and green, # 14 or #16-ish in size? Do they end inside the red plug on the engine end, or is there a separate harness for them? Everything I can remember (which is getting less and less every day) had the trim harness separate from the main harness, where they went through the lower cowl, or in the 1977-ish vintage, never even made it into the engine cowl but joined up in a junction box inside the boat.

Long live American manufacturing!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.