Home Forum Ask A Member 4 gal Evinrude tank, pressure or suction?

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    oakhurst
    Participant

US Member

Got it. Going to try it now.

Steve D
      Participant
        quote Oakhurst:

Trying to start my 1955 Fleetwin which appears to be in excellent condition.

Ok, so it sounds like maybe a "new to you" motor, did you just get this? I know your initial comment was about checking your tank but have you checked some of the other vitals of the motor like compression, condition of the coils and points, how long since carb was cleaned, etc.? I’m sure others will jump in to help if you need assistance with any of that.

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

the front of the pistons handle fuel and combustion….

the back side of the pistons will push the ambiant air into two small check valves behind the plate siting behind the carb and the air then exits out the side nipple behind the carb……. down the air line and in the tank to pressurize it

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

PugetSoundBoater
          Participant

As i have not yet got one of my 2 line motors up and running yet, i too have learned a lot from this thread. Jim PSB

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
            Robbie Robertson

oakhurst
            Participant

US Member

Started right up! Impeller seems to be pushing a lot of cooling water. Fuel/air connection is leaking though. Do these connections come apart? Thought there might be O rings to replace but I can’t see how to take them apart. Probably just order new ones?

Mumbles
              Participant

The connector comes apart to replace the O rings. Having the proper fixture to hold it while doing this makes the job a whole lot easier and the one pictured is made and distributed by club member Frank Robb. Using the proper OMC/BRP 301824 O rings will make sure it doesn’t leak anymore.

http://www.franksoutboardtools.com/

http://www.franksoutboardtools.com/fuel … xture.html

Attachments:

oakhurst
                Participant

US Member

Wow, this is great help. By the way, I have 3 Canadian boats, A Peterborough, Lakefield Apache and 1948 Duke 22ft utility. I love Canadian boats.
                  I’m trying to run this Fleetline on a Mcnulty (13 ft "lugsailer") that I bought at the Clayton NY auction in 1997 as I recall. We will be fishing in it
                  at Bass Lake CA, near where we live in Oakhust CA.

garry-in-michigan
                  Participant

Lifetime Member

The 4 gallon tank has the same top as the 6 gallon tank, except for the 0376191 fuel pick up tube. . . 😉

Mumbles
                    Participant
                      quote Oakhurst:

I love Canadian boats.

We are known worldwide for our bacon, beer, and boats! 😀

garry-in-michigan
                      Participant

Lifetime Member

You may as well have the rest af the parts book. . . 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 28 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.