Home Forum Ask A Member ’40 Handitwin Condensor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mike-stroz
    Participant

Looks like my "new" condensor just gave up the ghost. What value should I get to replace it?

dougs-outboards
      Participant

Standard OMC condensers are about .22 mfd +/-, dunno about 1940 values tho. Experts will be along shortly…

dougs-outboards
        Participant

Found this post:

Chris_P
          Posts: 2488Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:59 pmLocation: Hamilton ONContact:
          Contact Chris_P
          Send private message Send email Website Re: How do I match condensers and spark coils?
          Report this post Quote
          Unread postby Chris_P » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Not sure if you saw my post, but which motor are you referring to? Spent a while trying to come up with a motor that doesn’t have the condenser value listed, but couldn’t think of one.

You may just be overthinking this.

Think the highest condenser I ever had to buy was for the P30, P35, P40, P45, PR40, TR40 which use the 72-651 rated at 0.4 (0.36 to 0.44)

As Joe states, good old 0.22 almost always gets her done. 90 percent of the time anyways

garry-in-michigan
          Participant

Lifetime Member

I would thought you would have copied these down by now . . . 😆

mike-stroz
            Participant

I’m definitely going to be copying down those charts now! I’ve been pretty darn lucky with condensors in my Eltos up until now, this is the first one I’ve needed to actually buy!

mike-stroz
              Participant

One more question- does anyone recommend a specific brand of condensor or place to buy from?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.