Home Forum Ask A Member Accumix oil /fuel system

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    fleetwin
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years
      quote Bob D:

Garry, I loved those Sweet Sixteens.
      If I remember correctly they made a dark grey hull with a red interior????? that looked great.
      Bob D

Would love to learn how those early injection systems worked (or were supposed to work)…
      And yes, I too loved that one year when the "Playmates" had that color combination!

PugetSoundBoater
      Participant

Fleetwin- You worked on OMC motors during this time period,was hoping you would chime in. I replaced the small fuel pump on my 15hp with a NOS Accumix fuel pump kit, which contained the large fuel pump. It was used on electric start 9.9/15 also? Had everything in the box i needed, except the zip ties didn’t have the curved cinch block ,i had the correct ones to use. Dan A. also worked for OMC during this time period ,he’s kinda busy having fun and boating this week at our meet.
        Thanks, Jim PSB

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
        Robbie Robertson

fleetwin
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I’m confused, what is your question? Some of these engines came with the big pump, some did not…The big pump was needed if you wanted to use accumix though. The next generation of these engines, 93 and newer, all used the big pump bolted directly to the bypass cover…

PugetSoundBoater
          Participant

Were the large fuel pumps used on electric start 9.9/15 in addition to the Acuumix system? I bolted my large fuel pump to the bypass cover.

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
            Robbie Robertson

fleetwin
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yes, eventually the engines were required to use the large pump with the accumix system. Some of the engines were equipped with the large pump from the factory, others had the large pump added as "a kit" when using accumix.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.