Home Forum Ask A Member AD 12 Mystery behaviour

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    billy-t
    Participant

Hi All

Let me start by stating I know very little about anything!

So me and my brother go up into northern Ontario to open up the cabin last weekend. The weather is decent mid 50s in temp and the motor is running like a dream once we got it to wake up after a full year of storage. Idles really well did a little practice trolling runs, good at wide open, forward and reverse everything is going to plan starts with one pull.

Then the third day arrives and the temp rises to mid 70s and the motor doesn’t want to start warm. Coils are good, points and condensers changed out all together five years or so ago. Had a peek and coils are new condition.

Would the carburetor hi/lo adjustment have anything to do with this warmer weather change in starting.

Thanks for thoughts.

Bill

chas56x
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

When this situation happened to me, I pulled the carb and cleaned it. I replaced the float and needle and seat. The problem went away.

The Boat House
        Participant

Could be as simple as the warmer weather making
          the fuel boil over when you shut it off so the motor
          is flooded when you go to restart it. The chemistry
          of fuel is being changed this time of year.

fleetwin
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yeah, what tubs said….

Mumbles
            Participant

Humidity, barometric pressure, elevation and air temperature all play a role in how a motor will run. That’s why the carb adjusting knobs are on the front of the motor. It’s been five years since the points and condensers were replaced? It might be time to clean and regap the points.

billy-t
              Participant

Thanks for the feedback fellows, much appreciated will clean up the points and check gaps. Will try to adjust fuel settings too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.