Home Forum Ask A Member Airguide Tach

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    fastjohn
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I have this pedestal mount Airguide tach. I want to use it with a Mercury Mark 58. It has four wires coming out of it. Two are for the internal light, the other two are red and green. After removing the back cover the red is labeled plus(+) and the green is labeled minus(-). Does this tach require a sending unit,or can it be wired direct to the motor? If direct, do they go to the mag and ground? If anyone is interested, I would be willing to trade this for the same tach in a surface mount.

Attachments:

phil-b
      Participant

My guess is that it does require a sending unit.

Mumbles
        Participant

This might help.

fastjohn
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I do not know the model number, and my tach is not on this chart(nothing is listed with 0-9000 RPM). After further research, I think it may be for an automotive application. If anyone has a vintage tach that will work on a Mercury four cylinder with a mag, I would be interested.

The Boat House
            Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
              • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by The Boat House.
              theodore
              Participant

When I was a kid, I connected an Airguide tach to my 18 Evinrude. (-) went to the block, (+) went to one set of points. Used the selector switch for the proper pulses. Worked fine.

The Boat House
                Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
                  • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by The Boat House.
                  theodore
                  Participant

I know he didn’t mention a selector switch, I did. And by the way, you did too.

rayr
                    Participant

I have a airguide 653B 0-6000 NOS flush mount with sending unit and instructions in original box. Let me know if you are interested
                      in it.

rayr
                      Participant

My mistake on tac, it is a surface mount which gets the B designation after model number.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.