Home Forum Ask A Member Aluminum oars

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bookfuzz
    Participant

I have come across a very nice set of Alumacraft aluminum oars. I think they are 6 1/2 ft.
      Very clean and with the original stickers still on them. Can’t do a photo right now they’re up at the lake house.
      Cant seem to find any recent information about history or value. Any of you guys have any insight?

twostroke
      Participant

Those oars are very dangerous, and a major health hazard to be near. For you own safety, box them up and send them to me….the sooner the better….

….and if you believe that, I’ve got investment property for sale, too….

Jim

I say "pardon me" a lot. I had a 20H, then raced open mod sleds.

jerry-ahrens
        Participant

US Member

Those oars were manufactured by Alumacraft. Available as an accessory item. The value varies, but I can tell you I shelled out 150 bucks for mine… then again I had been looking for a set, and jumped on them when I found them. Most guys with Alumacraft boats want them. BTW, they also made water ski’s, also out of aluminum.

outbdnut2
          Participant

US Member

A lot of the 12 and 14 foot Alumacrafts in the 1950s had nice brackets inside the boat, on each side, for those oars to store into.
            Dave

vintin
            Participant

I’ve got a pair of Alumacraft oars, too.

I don’t use them as I like plastic oars more.

westwind
              Participant

Canada Member

I could use a set, if anyone wants to part with them. Hoping to go to Tomahawk this summer. They’re great oars, wish they still made them like that.

twostroke
                Participant

My 12′ Alumacraft "G" has the brackets to hold the oars….but I’m still looking for a pair.

Jim

I say "pardon me" a lot. I had a 20H, then raced open mod sleds.

bookfuzz
                  Participant

I was planning to go to Tomahawk this summer with a (soon to be) newly restored Larson 14 ft. Commander I just got. (free)
                    Was looking for some info on the oars to decide to sell them or use them in the Larson. (yes I know "Larson")
                    Got a nice 1959 Evinrude 18 HP for it too. I’m the 2nd owner. Came with the original cast iron stand for $100.
                    Don’t look at me…I didn’t set the price I just jumped on it.
                    Been very lucky off Craigslist this winter.
                    Might just sell the stand and oars at Tomahawk. Never been before. Always sold my restored boats before the meet date.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.