Home Forum Ask A Member Antique Evinrude Model

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mike-stroz
    Participant

I was just browsing around the web and I cam across this motor for sale. I know it’s a 1920’s or 30’s Evinrude but I don’t know what model. Any ideas? These are the only 2 pictures I have of it right now.

george-emmanuel
      Participant

US Member

Looks like an early version of the Model R Fastwin. It changed dramatically in 1928 to become a Model H where horsepower jumped from 4 to 12. There was a huge difference in motors between 1927 and 1928 in all brands. The only reason I indicate it is a Fastwin is due to the size of the muffler. There were also 2 versions of that motor based on the gearcase and ‘you have the later version. The earlier version had a gearcase similar to the Model N with the reversible bottom end. For some goofy reason, Evinrude (and Ole wasn’t part of the team then) used undersized compression fittings on the waterlines. They are about .050 undersize. So if you go to the hardware store and buy some 3/8ths compression nuts, they will be real sloppy in fit.

mike-stroz
        Participant

Thanks for the info, I hope I can get this one. I think it’ll be a nice easy project

lyks2tinkr
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Kind of looks like a Fleetwin to me.

mike-stroz
            Participant

I wish I had better pictures to go on, but that’s all I have right now. You think I need to replace that plug wire or what? 😆

bill-loveland
              Participant

‘frayed so 🙂

kees
                Participant

International Member - 2 Years
                  quote Lyks2Tinkr:

Kind of looks like a Fleetwin to me.

that was also my first thought
                  I have the same muffler on my Fleetwin

mike-stroz
                  Participant

Well, I finally picked up this motor, but it looks like I won’t be able to get it home in my car since I also just picked up a bunch of computer stuff and an old Honda z50 monkey bike… Anyone in the Denver area that’ll give this motor a good home?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.