Home Forum Ask A Member Anybody ever used Monkey Jack Evinrude fuel pump for 6hp

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Evinrude square pump for a 6hp $31 CDN shipped free.. not fast (3 weeks or so ) but free shipping.

Pump is sold NEW … via amazon.ca

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

frankr
      Participant

US Member

?????? I thought you had gone nuts. But I looked it up and you are serious aren’t you? Here it is, US $19.99
        https://www.amazon.com/MonkeyJack-Evinr … +fuel+pump

westwind
        Participant

Canada Member

I tried one like that on a 1966 FD and it was too thick for the cover to fit properly.

Steve D
          Participant

eBay has been loaded with those $20 and under pumps for awhile now. I bought one a few months ago to try it out but winter came to soon. Not OMC or Sierra but for $20 I thought it was worth a shot. I’m usually a little leery about stuff like that but if it acts up I should at least be able to get back in by pumping the bulb. For what it’s worth a number of those on eBay got good reviews. Don’t know if Monkey Jack is better than the others….

Attachments:

fleetwin
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yeah, have seen these on ebay, could tell they were not OEM, just figured it was part of the Chinese invasion….

theodore
              Participant

I thought about trying to mill that extra thickness off the backside-

Or re-use the back plate from the old pump.

crosbyman
                Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

19u$ plus shipping to Canada would likely be to costly with the exchange………… but $30cdn free shipping these pumps have been advertized at +$80$ in some case !!!!

i’ll try one lots of room under my 6r74 cowl…

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

amuller
                  Participant

The bigger ones too for 20 bucks. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0747D9MZR/re … rd_w=QiCZV

need2fish
                    Participant

I have 2 on the way — one for a Johnson CD, the other for an FD. I’ll tank test each, but won’t be able to do a full throttle under load test until the spring….. some sort of problem with the lake. It appears to be in an alternate form of H2O at the moment.

bill-mcnamara
                      Participant

Canada Member

Larger ones don’t ship to Canada unfortunately, but have ordered the smaller one for a test. Hard to beat that price.
                        Same problem with the lakes up here right now, but will keep until warmer weather returns!
                        Thanks for the "heads-up" guys.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.