Home Forum Ask A Member Buzz Box–1919 Evinrude Row Boat Motor–Key West, Fl.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    keywestbob
    Participant

Richard—thanks a million for the information and photos—I see the smiling face–Sincerely, Bob Watson

keywestbob
      Participant

Richard—not sure if you received "MY THANKS’ for the information and photos—Bob

keywestbob
        Participant

Hello Richard–I understand all that you wrote and the photos are great but I`m curious how "YOU" attach the green wire from the buzz box (Model-T Coil) to the points–do you wrap the end of the green wire just around one of the screws on the shut off button–or—do you use an alligator clip–or–do you attach the green wire to the points some other way? Sorry, this is my first time. Would you have a photo of how "YOU" attach the wire? Different people tell me different things—I trust what you tell me–Sincerely, Bob Watson–email: bwkeywest@comcast.net phone: 305 292 4821

RICHARD A. WHITE
          Participant

Lifetime Member

I have that switch inline so I can kill the motor by pushing down on that switch.
            The wire is attached to the switch by inserting the wire into an opening on the switch and then tightening a screw that acts as a clamp to hold the wire.
            Alligator clip on the motor end of that green wire connects to the screw I pointed out in my picture.
            3 options….
            1: solder the wire directly to the box.
            2: they have these clips, don’t remember what they are called, solder the clip to the box then insert the wire into the clip. but I can add a pic of one tonight.
            3: or solder a screw to the buzz box and use a wire ring terminal to attach the wire
            They are found at Steam and Gas shows, around here… My other box has those clips on them.

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
            classicomctools@gmail.com

keywestbob
            Participant

Richard—OKAY—got it–you don`t have to send a photo–I also have a shut off switch –in line–on the green wire –plus an alligator clip to attach to the adjustable screw which is one side of the points–the adjustable screw is insulated from the motor–thanks again–Bob Watson

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.