Home Forum Ask A Member Can anyone ID this boat?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    49morphew
    Participant

US Member

I recently purchased this boat for my 14 year old daughter. I can find no markings or numbers on the hull or transom and it’s obviously been painted cookie-monster blue. I’m wondering if it is maybe a Starcraft Holiday from the late 60s? Any help is

nj-boatbuilder57
      Participant

No clue…..but what an awesome, cool little boat!

frankr
        Participant

US Member

I don’t know why, but Starcraft popped to my mind also. I guess maybe because I used to have a Starcraft?

frankr
          Participant

US Member

It has a registration number. Doesn’t that say something? Did you get the title?

amuller
            Participant

I don’t know, but that Wisconsin registration number should be able to connect you to some information–though boat descriptions are often incorrect. Likely it’s before the time of standardized format hull numbers, but there should be a data plate of some sort. Has the transom wood been replaced? One possible place to look is under the control box.

shoestringmariner
              Participant

starcraft dart? Great little boat

49morphew
                Participant

US Member

Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys. The registration lists the make as "Mirr" perhaps as in Mirro or Mirrocraft? It does not give a model year. There is a serial number but I can’t seem to find where they got the number from. Searching Mirrocraft boats comes up with no images that resemble this boat. I also read that Mirrocraft produced boats from 16′ on up. This boat is 14′ long. The closest boat I could find that looked very similar was the Starcraft Holiday. After ShoestringMariner’s post I googled Starcraft Dart and that looks to be an even closer match. Thanks for the tip! It has a 1980 Evinrude electric start 35 on it that starts and runs beautifully. It also does not leak at all. It has a few "custom" modifications to the interior that need to be remedied and the paint job could stand to be redone but overall a pretty nice little rig.

chinewalker
                  Participant

US Member

Not a Starcraft. I’ve owned several and the chines and lap stampings aren’t right.

Pretty sure it’s a Mirrocraft. Check this thread out:
                    https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-re … -resto-mod

Stampings are right, rivet line is right.

joecb
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

MiroCraft… I have a 12 ft Mirocraft that has the lap stampings like yours. As for ID tags, my boat has flimsy plastic "MiroCraft" plates riveted to each side below the gunnel about 10 inches forward of the transom. Check for signs of three rivet holes in a line spanning about 9 – 10 inches in that location. If the plates are missing the holes or rivets should still be there.

Joe B

49morphew
                      Participant

US Member

I stand corrected. I think between Chinewalker and JoeCB you guys nailed it down. Thanks for the input. I had not come across any Mirrocraft boats that resembled that one. After further look I can even see how the back to back seating would have been the same in mine based on where the brackets are mounted and the way it’s set up now. Thanks again guys!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.