Home Forum Ask A Member Cast Iron Motor stand (value ? )

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    bookfuzz
    Participant
      quote Garry in Tampa:

I believe they went to blue in 1946. Some for the Bureau of Ships during WW2 were white (green primer when you get down to it) . . . 😀

Thanks Garry
      Good info
      Phil

pm-t2
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years
        quote 49Hiawatha:

A copy (repop) is worth NO MORE than an original,structure sound and messed up paint/decals. A repop is NEVER original. Just like what are our “frankenstein” running motors worth.

There is no way that a copied stand is worth anything even NEAR what an original would be.

To suggest that its worth "NO MORE than an original" implies that they are equals, and it’s not even close.

Not even sure what you’re thinking there.

PM T2

wbeaton
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

A repop stand can never be worth as much as an original in the same condition, but a market full of repops will pull the price of the originals down. However, I don’t think there are enough repops out there to affect values.

Also, I’d pay more for some frankenstein motors than their original counterparts.

Wayne
          Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

49hiawatha
          Participant

PM T2..35 years of antique/classic cars taught me that. Try it — you might like it. Cars are much more costly than outboards even when you do all your work…

Randy in Tampa
            Participant

not to make waves or take sides but I agree with PM T2 I’ve never seen a re-pop worth more than an original no matter what it was, antique motorcycle, old car, or outboard or boat related… Just my two cents worth 😉

quote PM T2:

quote 49Hiawatha:

A copy (repop) is worth NO MORE than an original,structure sound and messed up paint/decals. A repop is NEVER original. Just like what are our “frankenstein” running motors worth.

There is no way that a copied stand is worth anything even NEAR what an original would be.

To suggest that its worth “NO MORE than an original” implies that they are equals, and it’s not even close.

Not even sure what you’re thinking there.

PM T2

Mumbles
              Participant
                quote wbeaton:

Also, I’d pay more for some frankenstein motors than their original counterparts.

Do you want me to hold this one for you Wayne? It ran great the last time it was used! 😀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASiguy_ajbQ

Attachments:

wbeaton
                Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years
                  quote Mumbles:

Do you want me to hold this one for you Wayne? It ran great the last time it was…

Ha. No, but if you find a 1961-62 Merc 500 with a Merc 300 midsection and turtle top I’d be much more interested in it than any factory correct 1955-58 MK55.

Wayne
                  Upper Canada Chapter

uccaomci.com

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.