Home Forum Ask A Member color match to evinrude army green 1974 6hp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

is there a pretty close Dupli-color or other type spray paint * match for the army greenish color …just for touch ups ?

* without going to those advertized matching colors $$$

thanks

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

PugetSoundBoater
      Participant

I repainted a’76 Johnson 6hp. It had a bit of gold in the paint,i used the BRP Evinrude/Johnson spray paint. You MUST shake the can for way longer than the 1 minute the cans instructions say. Turn it upside down and shake for an additional minute,or till your arm is sore, whichever comes first. There is a product service bulletin about the need to shake it a lot more after complaints about the color match.

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
        Robbie Robertson

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

??? you added a bit of gold in the paint ???

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

PugetSoundBoater
          Participant
            quote crosbyman:

??? you added a bit of gold in the paint ???

The gold was mixed in with the paint.Maybe not all the 70’s Johnson models have the green/gold. I will see if i can find the OMC paint list .

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
            Robbie Robertson

PugetSoundBoater
            Participant

Here is a list i found. The the 1975 and 1976 colors are close, the 1975 has some slight gold in it. Maybe someone has one of the Product Bulletins from OMC about shaking the paint for a better match. Maybe Mumbles can clarify these years Green and Green/gold

Robbie Robertson

The Boat House
              Participant
                Mumbles
                Participant

When I restored one of those green CD’s a few years back, I had the paint custom matched by my supplier. He said he had never seen such an ugly shade of green and I kinda had to agree. ☺ I think I still have some of it left so if I can find the can, It might show what was added to it.

Attachments:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.