Home Forum Ask A Member Cork Float Clip

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    viking66
    Participant

Hi All

Any source for the clip on a cork float the keeps it at the correct height and is secured by the small screw?

I need one for my PO-15. I am going through the Carb and there was not one there….Ugghhh 😥

Any ideas on how to make one and what to use to keep the weight down?

Thanks everyone!!!

david-bartlett
      Participant

I would try a small brass or stainless cotter pin or a tiny hitch pin.

joecb
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

that clip should be spring wire of some sort. One could be made from some small diameter music wire (hobby shop) or the wire in a ladies "bobby pin" (remember bobby pins?) would be about the correct diameter, I’m thinking

Joe B

dave-bernard
          Participant

US Member

hardware store

1946zephyr
            Participant

I might actually have one of those here. Is it the flat type, or is it the cotter pin type?

viking66
              Participant

It’s the flat Bobby pin style.

The Boat House
                Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
                  • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by The Boat House.
                  jcrigan
                  Participant

I found clips like the flat one shown in the picture at our local Ace hardware store. Look in the beaded chain and key ring section.

viking66
                    Participant

It would be the "Round with Screw". The flat would also work.

I plan to get to the Hardware store today and see what they have in their bins and get something that should work

Thanks to everyone here. I like being able to ask something and not be made to feel stupid just because I don’t know the exact name.

chinewalker
                      Participant

US Member

I’ve also made them out of paper clips. There isn’t a whole lot of tension needed on those clips and a properly bent paper clip will still have a little tension to it. Bend one up with a pair of fine nose needle nose and give it a try.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.