Home Forum Ask A Member Correct fuel / oil ratio for ELTO SERVICE TWIN Serial No. D27342 (1924 ?)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Monte NZ
    Participant

International Member - 2 Years

My Service Manual states 32 parts gas to 1 part oil, or 1/4 pint oil per gallon of gas for my motor. Is this OK as it seems very little oil and as I noticed that the manual for the 1926 Super Elto states 1/3rd of a pint of oil per gallon and as the motors are very similar,
      it has me a bit puzzled.

The cost of the oil isn’t an issue, but I am very conscious of any oil going into our lake and wondered if the 1/4 pint per gallon is OK.
      Any help would be most appreciated.

MonteNZ

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

why not use bio degradable oils… like xd-100… pricy but you won’t burn much

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

The Boat House
        Participant

Sent you a PM.

Monte NZ
          Participant

International Member - 2 Years

Thanks very much Crosbyman and Tubs for your replies……..I never thought of using fully synthetic oil,although I use semi synthetic in my car.
            I have been using Valvoline 2 stroke outboard synthetic enhanced marine oil, NMMA TC-W3 and currently have over 20 litres stored in my workshop.I presume the word ‘enhanced’ means ‘semi’
            After receiving your replies I contacted the two major sources of oil here in NZ and was told that they only carried fully synthetic 2 Stroke for motorbikes (air cooled motors) and not for outboards(water cooled), so it looks like I will have to carry on using up my existing stock at this stage.

In doing so, what ratio would you suggest……..a 1/4 pint per gallon (1 to 32) or 1/3 pint per gallon (1 to 24)?
            Interesting to note that there is no mention of biodegradable on my Valvoline containers.

I watched your U tubes and was very surprised that you only use 3oz of oil per gallon !

Thanks once again.
            MonteNZ

crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

I have run all my oldies with 1 liter per 25 of gas. (jw qd fd) and suggested to some buyers of my oldies to do so

not perfect .. not so bad

a bit smoke is fine for bugs…

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.