Home Forum Ask A Member Deleting Classified Ad posts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ken-hall
    Participant

US Member

My apologies for asking this question as i’m sure it has been asked many times before but….How do you delete a classified ad once the item is sold? By admission I can barely run a toaster much less a computer,Thanks for your patience.Ken

Steve D
      Participant

Lot of us have been there Ken, it’s real easy though. Just sign in and go to your listing and click the ‘X"

Attachments:

Pondrocket
        Participant

Lifetime Member

Ken,

Take a look at the read first section and review the classified ad requirements.

Thx
          Travis

Travis
          AOMCI VP Communications
          AOMCI Webmaster
          webmaster@aomci.org

Steve D
          Participant

Hi Travis, I know it says "When sold please reply to ad stating SOLD" but why not just delete it? I’ve always just deleted For Sale or Wanted to Buy listings just to free up a little room. But if you’d rather us say it’s sold rather than just delete it that’s fine, I’m sure you have a reason. I just thought that’s what’s the "X" was for on the listing.

Pondrocket
            Participant

Lifetime Member

Space is not an issue. Reason for Sold is to show that the system is working. All ads over 90 days old are deleted weather they sell or not.
              Also please remember anyone can see the free classified section. Everyone that is registered to the board can post an ad with the account you have set up it has your contact info there so you can be contacted without showing your email address to all. If anyone has questions on this just send me a pm and I’ll gladly guide you thru how your account works.

Travis

Travis
              AOMCI VP Communications
              AOMCI Webmaster
              webmaster@aomci.org

billw
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Now I’M confused. I thought that if we DIDN’T post contact info in the ad, it would be deleted automatically before anybody even saw it. That’s happened to me more than once, due to my own forgetfulness. I believe I am properly registered with the board and I’m even a paying member of the club.

Long live American manufacturing!

Pondrocket
                Participant

Lifetime Member

Bill,

You are all set. Your profile is showing your location and contact info, if you look off to the right of this post where you have placed a message, that is where others can contact you. Also if someone clicks on your name they can contact you there also. Reason for this is so "The World" doesn’t get access to your personal info, all is run thru this board. Everyone has to remember this area of the Blue Boards is open to the world. Any questions send me an email.

Travis

Travis
                  AOMCI VP Communications
                  AOMCI Webmaster
                  webmaster@aomci.org

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.