Home Forum Ask A Member early Quicksilver controls push to start, push to choke? FL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    oldlure
    Participant

US Member

I would like to confirm what I have. Is this push to start, push to choke? I have seen many with a key switch but none with a push button. I have seen a Mark 25E with the matching male connector but it had the key switch on the cowl.
      What Mercury models would this have been for?
      Thanks in advance.
      Mike Sims
      oldlure
      alfossboss@hotmail.com

Attachments:

2fast4me
      Participant

Your aft button is a key switch on my controls and the key had a starter engage soooo I’d say forward button is a choke aft it’s for starter. I wonder how you get a kill switch with that arrangement? I don’t have a Canon plug.

2Fast4Me

dave-bernard
        Participant

US Member

that set up was never made by mercury. the yellow should be choke. to kill the motor either set it up so the throttle will kill it or use the choke.

oldlure
          Participant

US Member

2Fast4Me
            The kill switch was a separate harness, see item #6 between cables in picture

Attachments:

oldlure
            Participant

US Member

Dave I believe you may be mistaken.
              I hate it when I answer my own question. After continuing research I found an owners guide with wiring diagram for Mark 25E electric starting and starting procedures. This motor has the key switch built in the cowl. See procedure 2c and 2d. "…turn key to on position…depress starter button"
              Was this the only motor these controls fit? Mark 50E? Mark 55E?

Attachments:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.