Home Forum Ask A Member Elgin Skipper 9 OR 18 HP

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PugetSoundBoater
    Participant

I will be getting this dual HP motor soon. As i was told by two of our members ,a key switch limits the RPM thus the hp to 9 hp by blocking the throttle linkage,making it safer for the kids to use. Dad shows up with the key ,turns it into a 18 Hp.
      This motor is missing the flywheel. Anyone know what years and model/hp will fit? It is a Sears motor made by West Bend.
      I was told it is Model #C 571.596621 , i think it has an extra 6 in there,the year/model chart have one less digit in the model #. From the charts ,i believe it is a 1957. Anyone know of a good source for parts, i read they are kind of scarce. I have placed a WTB ad here.
      Thanks, Jim PSB

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
      Robbie Robertson

Mumbles
      Participant

Here’s the motor you are getting and it has the key! It might need a prop though.

Attachments:

PugetSoundBoater
        Participant

Thanks for the photos Mumbles. Definatly is a local Vancouver Island motor with the salt and /or mouse excitement. Yeah ,needs a prop unless our friend can find it. I talked with a Member, he said the way the Hp is changed is the throttle is blocked from going to full.
          Hope i can find a flywheel for this motor . I looked up the Elgin Special Interest leader and will email him about what will fit in the way of a flywheel.
          If i stay on the island for another day, do you think you could whip up a Mumbles Fantastic Paint Job 😆
          Something different for a change.
          Thanks, Jim PSB EDIT for Clarity 🙂

"Some people want to know how a watch works, others just want to know what time it is"
          Robbie Robertson

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.