Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude Light 4 Model 4389 Paint Help Please…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    huntleybill
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I’ve got this Evinrude that needs paint. Model number tag says 4389. Does anyone know what color paint this motor should be? If there is a paint code, that would be fantastic. If there is a modern color that is and exact or close match, I’d love to have that info.

Thank you for your advice.
      Bill

chris-p
      Participant
        huntleybill
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thank you for the quick response. I have a local guy that can mix the paint for me. I can get a quart for what they charge for a pint. I was just wondering if anyone had a paint code or an existing color that would work.

garry-in-michigan
          Participant

Lifetime Member

The Factory paint used in those days came to the dealers in two cans. A quart can of clear varnish and a half pint can of powdered aluminum paste. The finish dried to a dull or semi gloss aluminum, depending on how it was mixed. Post war Lightfours had a blue decal. There is no water jacket on the ends of the cylinders, so they usually turn brown unless heat resistant paint is used. There is a water jacket under the fuel tank, but the rest of the muffler gets very hot. I use Ford heat resistant aluminum on my Lightfour.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.