Home Forum Ask A Member Evinrude Lighttwin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    elgin2
    Participant

US Member

I`m working on a Evinrude Lighttwin,3012-14952 for a friend. Looking to find the Fuel-oil ratio and initial carb settings. Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thanx,Mike.

outbdnut2
      Participant

US Member

That would be a 1953. I believe the ratio was 16 to 1, but with today’s TCW-3 outboard oil, I mix 20 to 1 in mine. 20 to 1 is easy to mix – one quart of oil to a 5 gallon can of gas. I also use this 20 to 1 mix in 25 to 1 motors.
        Dave

leeinnh
        Participant

The manual States: close the needle on high and low speed, and then open 3/4 of a turn.

crosbyman
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

wisdom says more oil is better but up here in Canada with our 25 L tanks I mix in 1 liter of TCW/ so 25/1 for my oldies incl my 9.5 turtle

I don’t burn much (max 25L /season) so I use synthetic bio degradable oils I get less smoke and don’t pollute as a lesser grade of oil.

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

david-bartlett
            Participant
              quote elgin2:

I`m working on a Evinrude Lighttwin,3012-14952 for a friend. Looking to find the Fuel-oil ratio and initial carb settings. Any info would be greatly appreciated.Thanx,Mike.

All bushings, no bearings. I run 16:1 in mine.

fleetwin
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Yeah, would sure stick to 16:1 mix…Even though today’s oils are great, don’t give this thing an excuse to pitch a rod. It always amazes me how little these things smoke when properly tuned, even with the heavy oil mix….

lindy46
                Participant

US Member

16:1

Steve A W
                  Participant

US Member - 2 Years

We’re in this to preserve history.
                    Please don’t skimp on the oil.

Steve A W

Member of the MOB chapter.
                    I live in Northwest Indiana

reivertom
                    Participant

US Member

I never understand why people scrimp on oil….it’s not like it will break the bank if you add the correct amount of oil. If you want to make sure it will last the maximum lifetime, pour on the oil….I even use a little more in most cases.

cliff
                      Participant

But the fish don’t bite when your hands are covered with gas and oil mix 🙂 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.