Home Forum Ask A Member Factory Accessory?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Mumbles
    Participant

A pair of ’55 Evinrude Fleetwins were left on my doorstep last week but one of them is slightly different than the other one. On the front, it has an extension for remote steering hardware bolted onto the carry handle. The carry handle is the same design as other 5 – 7.5 OMC motors of the era with the two tabs on it but I’ve never seen the extension before. Is this piece a hard to find factory option?

Attachments:

Steve D
      Participant

Hey Mumbles, I fired up the Wayback Machine and brought up the ’55 Evinrude brochure and it says "Readily adapted for Simplex Remote Control" so it looks like it was a factory option back then. That’s the first time I’ve ever seen one. Maybe someone has an accessories catalog or owner’s manual that shows it.

Attachments:

twostroke
        Participant

I’ve got one in green on a CD-12 5 1/2 Johnson. Yours is the only other I’ve seen.

Jim

I say "pardon me" a lot. I had a 20H, then raced open mod sleds.

frankr
          Participant

US Member

Yep, factory accessory remote control adapter kit. Also includes a bracket to hold the shift cable. My dad had one on his 7.5 back in the day.

dan-in-tn
            Participant

US Member

I have one around here somewhere. I didn’t know what it was for & asked on the site. FrankR clued me me as to what it was. This one is NOS as it is a raw casting with no paint. Forgot where I got it. $2 ticket & part number on it. I bit!

Dan in TN

frankr
              Participant

US Member

From the list of service bulletins in the Evinrude Service manual (Sorry,I don’t have the bulletin)

adam1961
                Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

That is really neat. I have something similar that might be for the earlier evinrude motors, but I am not sure if it is factory.
                  Nice free score!

aquasonic
                  Participant

US Member

Two of my Fleetwin Aquasonics have those handles. After using them, you will appreciate them.

Mumbles
                    Participant

Yeah, I didn’t think it was a very common piece. Now I know! Thanks guys!

slim60
                      Participant

On the back of my owner’s manual (part no. 203611) the Simplex remote control, cables, and clip-on steering arm are shown.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.