Home Forum Ask A Member Family affair

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    destroyer85golf
    Participant

Last week I happened to be looking through the for sale part of Facebook , and I happened upon this motor. It was a good price, and I figured it will make a great Christmas preset for my dad this year. The coolest pet was taking my kids and wife along with me. The oldest son is 12 years old, and my youngest is 1. They all get excited about it when we go to pick one of these up. For 50 bucks I couldn’t pass this up.

Attachments:

destroyer85golf
      Participant

Wouldn’t let me post both in the first post.

Attachments:

bobw
        Participant

US Member

Very nice find at a great price. Good to hear your 12 year old gets excited about these motors. Hopefully, you can get him involved in the hobby by helping you work on the motors and also join the club. Getting the young folks involved is the key to keeping the club going in the future.

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
          1954 Johnson CD-11
          1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
          1958 Johnson QD-19
          1958 Johnson FD-12
          1959 Johnson QD-20

“Every 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.”
          "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

outbdnut2
          Participant

US Member

The tank is worth $50 by itself, especially if it holds pressure – looks like fairly new gasline.

You got a good buy!
            Dave

bellamor
            Participant

You guys will surely have fun, you are lucky to find it at an affordable price.

crosbyman
              Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

great engine nice find …. sold one to a buddy 2 years ago and he his still my buddy !

fantastic troller

I am on hold waiting for a seller to give in…… to my latest offer $100 on this one

Attachments:

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

rook49
                Participant
                  quote outbdnut2:

The tank is worth $50 by itself, especially if it holds pressure – looks like fairly new gasline.

You haven’t checked the prices on ebay lately have you? Good luck finding one for $50 bucks.

destroyer85golf
                  Participant

I got lucky, this one was in a storage shed . It had been in the guys Antique shop that was closed years ago. we met him and what I’m guessing were his grand kids , at his storage shed. I picked it up and put it in the Tahoe, and he asked if I’d like to take a look around inside. So I obviously obliged! I could picture old mercs , and evinrudes hung up on the walls!!! Nope, just mounds and mounds of stuff. I don’t wanna throw around the word “ junk “ here, but I didn’t see anything else worthwhile . We thanked the gentlemen and his family and we went about our way. The inside of the tank is absolutely perfect. I didn’t take off the cover, Because I’m giving it to my dad for Christmas . He enjoys tinkering with them too. It’d feel like cheating if I got to mess with his engine before I gave it to him. I’m hoping it looks as good under the hood as the rest of it does.

outbdnut2
                    Participant

US Member
                      quote Rook49:

quote outbdnut2:

You haven’t checked the prices on ebay lately have you? Good luck finding one for $50 bucks.

It may depend on where you live – they are fairly common in Minnesota.
                      Here’s one for $40 – may need some TLC:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bpo/d/omc-twin-line-pressure-tank-4/6700189180.html

and here’s two more for $50 each:

https://duluth.craigslist.org/bpo/d/vintage-omc-tanks-complete/6725357239.html

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.