Home Forum Ask A Member Feeling Grateful!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mumbles
    Participant

As you might have noticed, my signature here has been an indirect want ad for a rudder to fit a Koban and after waiting patiently for almost two years, it was finally answered!

It’s hard to express my gratitude here but I’d like to thank my fellow club member and Cyber Sheriff, Mr. Richard A. White, for stepping up to the plate and going to the trouble to have one reproduced for me. It means an awful lot to me as the missing rudder is a key part and was holding up the rest of the restoration of my 1921 Koban. If I wasn’t a member of the AOMCI, I know I would have never come up with the part.

Thank You Richard and anyone else who had anything to do with the manufacture of the rudder. It means an awful lot to me and I am very grateful. Thanks again! ๐Ÿ˜€

The Koban project should be on again this coming winter and if everything goes right, it should be running in time for its 100th birthday! I’ll just have to do a bit of fitting and buffing first though!

Attachments:

david-bartlett
      Participant

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy!

Now you need to update your signature line!

bobw
        Participant

US Member

Absolutely outstanding! Kudos to Richard for stepping up on this search. This effort exemplifies what a club like this can do for it’s members. Great looking piece too!

Bob

1937 Champion D2C Deluxe Lite Twin
          1954 Johnson CD-11
          1957 Evinrude Fastwin 18
          1958 Johnson QD-19
          1958 Johnson FD-12
          1959 Johnson QD-20

โ€œEvery 20 minute job is only a broken bolt away from a 3-day project.โ€
          "Every time you remove a broken or seized bolt an angel gets his wings."

aquasonic
          Participant

US Member

That’s awesome! Some well deserved good Karma in action.

Buccaneer
            Participant

US Member

Can’t wait to see that Koban running on it’s 100th birthday,
              and then again on Mumbles 100th birthday!

Prepare to be boarded!

RICHARD A. WHITE
              Participant

Lifetime Member

I did not do this for accolades, nor any other reason than to hear the joy in his voice when he realized just what I had sent him, as far as I am concerned that is payment enough…I can’t count the number of times members have shown me this kindness, so I paid it forward… Now Mumbles, you can change your signature ๐Ÿ™‚ Enjoy

My humble regards,

Richard

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
                classicomctools@gmail.com

outboardnut
                Participant

US Member

Great job Richard! Can you tell us any details about making it?

chris-p
                  Participant

Fantastic Stuff!

cajuncook1
                    Participant

All I can do is grin and smile. I love stories like this!

AMEN!

Cajun

dan-in-tn
                      Participant

US Member

You know I saw Richard hauling that heavy rudder around Tomahawk with a severely bent up prop. I even offered to have the prop rebuilt by my prop guy! I wondered then if this might have something to do with Mumbles, but didn’t say anything? Didn’t want to let the cat out of the bag, so to say. Again a GREAT tribute on your part Richard. Just the kind of guy he is & what the club is about. Glad you got your part Mumbles.
                        My offer to get the prop repaired still stands if you want to maintain the original numbers.

Dan in TN

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.