Home Forum Ask A Member Flywheel, crankshaft

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    alanp
    Participant

US Member

Thanks guys. The o.d. was .020 larger on top I ran a chaser down it and the threads cleaned up nicely. I still don’t have the flywheel off. I tried both styles of pullers. I am gun shy now. Afraid to crank on the puller to much even with the flywheel nut in. Never had one stubborn like this, normally they pop right off.

dave-bernard
      Participant

US Member

make the nut flush and don’t worry tighten and let stand over night if needed then repeat as needed.

dave-bernard
        Participant

US Member

make the nut flush and don’t worry tighten and let stand over night if needed then repeat as needed.

chris-p
          Participant

I agree with Dave.

Put the nut on flush with top of crank.

Install puller. Use grade 8 bolts. Install them all evenly into the flywheel. Ensure puller is level before cranking on center bolt. Tighten her down. Pull UP on the flywheel , and give puller bolt a rap. Not a sledge hammer type smash, just a rap with your hammer. I like the OEM puller as it has a handle to hold flywheel from turning while I pull on wrench on center bolt. Sometimes, I have had to add a bar to the wrench to give me more pulling torque to make her pop. If all is installed properly, should pop right off.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.