Home Forum Ask A Member Follow up on JW parts interchangeability

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cron78
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

PugetSounder asked about interchangeable parts for the 3 horse JW series but I didn’t find my answer in that thread. I was just asked to help a friend locate a replacement tank for his JW-15. It is one of the white versions. He currently has a green tank on it but he wants to make it look like it did when his grandfather had the motor. He will need the 375514 gas cap, too.

I checked out all the part numbers on Marineengine.com and all of the JW motors have a different tank part number…no two alike, but they all look the same (except decals) with apparently the same bolts to hold them in place. Which ones were white, and does anyone have a tank in good condition just gathering dust on a shelf? I realize that these are popular motors that get grabbed up fairly quickly.

Thanks,

frankr
      Participant

US Member

Lessee, I guess the first white tank would be 1958 on a mostly red rest of the motor. 1959 Johnsons were white for several years after

Every time the color or decals changed, the part number changed, as you found out. That is because they came already painted.

cron78
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Thanks, Frank. That is what I thought. I haven’t ever looked at these 3 horse motors before, but I’ll start paying them more attention.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.