Home Forum Ask A Member Hard starting opposed twin

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    chris-p
    Participant

Not likely your issue Adam, but I OVERCOATED one of those floats once, the extra weight of the coating made it too heavy, and flooded. Would not totally seat. Just a thought.

If you were closer we could try another carb from one of mine? If it continues to boggle you though, I could mail you one to try to rule that out.

The Boat House
      Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
        • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by The Boat House.
        chris-p
        Participant

That is a great idea Tubs, so you can see what is going on before putting on the cap and installing. Simple, but effective!

adam1961
          Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

That is a nice setup for testing the needle/seat.
            I pulled the cap off the float chamber and looked at the float. It does float, but does not seem the be pulling up on the needle very hard at all. When I coated the float, I used model airplane dope and brushed on a thin coating. The cork seemed to be in decent condition.

is the best course of action to set the float slightly lower on the needle so that it puts more pressure on the seat, or to replace the float? Has anyone found a good source for material to make replacements?

Adam

RICHARD A. WHITE
            Participant

Lifetime Member

Sure looks like a Speedster carb…..LOL

http://www.richardsoutboardtools.com
              classicomctools@gmail.com

The Boat House
              Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
                • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by The Boat House.
              Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.