Home Forum Ask A Member HD 25 Carb Parts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

US Member

Hi everyone,

I am about to get into the carb on my 1947 HD 25. Are parts and gaskets still available for this carb?

I know right now that I am going to at least need a cap gasket and a mounting gasket (the gasket between the carb assembly and the block). I am sure other gaskets may be needed as I get deeper into this carb rebuild so any help on sourcing the gaskets/parts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for taking some time to read my post and offer some advise!

Rob

Rob

david-bartlett
      Participant

Rob,

As far as those two gaskets go, get some gasket material from NAPA or a similar source and cut your own. Practice will make pretty good gaskets and save you some $$.

jsonova99
        Participant

I just went through all of this on an HD-20 (same engine), made them myself and seem to work fine. Do you have salvageable templates? For the cap gasket I ended up putting a piece of gasket material on the bottom of it and pressing it against a table to me an indent for the large bowl ring, the rest was traceable. I had a good template for the block gasket, but I don’t think any of the gaskets took me more than 15 to 20 minutes to make.

aquasonic
          Participant

US Member

There are only two gaskets on this carb, the bowl cover gasket, and the manifold gasket at the block that you mentioned. You can cut your own with material, a punch set, a pair of scissors, and an exacto knife.

New old stock gaskets are still around, you just have to find out who has them for sale. Here is one source to check http://www.ganotech.com/

This website has lots of very helpful information http://pochefamily.org/outboard/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.