Home Forum Ask A Member heard of these bearings?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    opposedtwin
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

any experience with them? I’d love to buy American-made bearings but aren’t they pretty much all made in mexico or chi#%/!na anymore?

the company appears to be in Mississauga, Ontario but I’m not sure if they’re made there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A14-L44643-L446 … 542035beec

frankr
      Participant

US Member

From their website: We carry an in house inventory valued at over $10,000,000 that includes over 14,000 different product sizes, sourced from Major Brand Name factories across the globe. We also carry an extensive Value Priced range of bearings and power transmission products to service the price conscious customer.

So they are made all over the world. But their website looks impressive. I suppose I’d trust them as much as any other.

I once was faced with finding a supplier for bearings when our Japanese source was not able to deliver. I found some in Germany ($$$$), and two in China ($). Our engineering department requested samples from both China sources for testing. One passed the torture test with no problem, the other failed. I suppose the country of origin is not as much a determining factor as we would think it is (speaking on the quality issue only).

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

my son’s employer use to get bikes made in china .

he was always complaining that materials would be shaved down as much as possible.

would you believe even rubber brake pads were thinned down.

His company eventually folded due to high store credits paid back on busted bikes.

buyer beware ! some stuff is ok but not everything is ok

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

billw
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

If I were a Chinese astronaut, I bet I would be going through a lot of underwear.

Long live American manufacturing!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.