Home Forum Ask A Member help with value

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    punchbug
    Participant

I have a friend who has a bunch of motors, A thor , An Eclipse single and a double, 3 evinrude Speeditwins (1 runner 2 parts) Merc Mark 28 no lower end. He may sell them all but has no idea as to value. He also has a lone-star walk through and a feathercraft ranger walk thru. I am interested in them and he wants me to make an offer. Both are rough but dont leak . He says he isnt a collector but has been "gathering these things up for about 40 years"
      Any help….. I know it is valued at what I am willing to pay but if any of these are out of my ballpark I want him to make a smart decision on any offers.

So just give me a range on average condition or not siezed please.

chris-p
      Participant

Do you have pictures? As you know, condition condition condition!

punchbug
        Participant

I know chris I did not have my phone when he showed me this stuff condition is generally good to excellent with the above noted exceptons IE missing bottom end. boats are dirty and rough with a hole ripped in the top of the bow cover in the ranger. A light may have been ripped out some how I did pay him a fair price on the 2 martin 40s I got off him. Both seized but complete.

westwind
          Participant

Canada Member

If the Feather Craft Ranger is rough, then expect that the keel leaks, most do, it’s fixable. Not knowing the level of rough, likely somewhere in the $500 range. The Lone Star depends a lot on which model and condition but probably similar to the Ranger. Peter Hunns Old Outboard book can guide you on the motors. The grill being cracked or broken really lowers the value of an Eclipse. Hope this gives some idea.

punchbug
            Participant

I guess I will have to buy the book . Should have bought it by now anyhow….Thanks for your help Chris and Westwind

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.