Home Forum Ask A Member Homelite/Bearcat support here?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    amuller
    Participant

I’m expecting one of these to show up here, though whether it will be a runner isn’t clear pending checkout.

Are there currently people on this board, or the green one, who are up to speed on these motors?

I’ve found that some of the websites supporting these are no longer active. Hoping support for these isn’t fading away just as I’m getting into them…..

RICK EICHRODT
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I am not an expert, but I have had two of the beasts. One was on a Boston Whaler which I sold last year and I still have the second one. It has not found its home on a transom yet. There is a fellow out west, around Chico California who has parts. He reconditions them and sells them for pontoon motors among other boats. I have some service manuals and parts books.

amuller
        Participant

Thanks! Where did you get the manuals, or did they come with the motors?

RICK EICHRODT
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I am sure you can find manuals and such here at this website.

http://www.robertsmaritimesystems.com/B … upport.php

You might check Ebay for some that might be for sale as well. If I can help you in any way, please let me know.

amuller
            Participant

Thanks. I’ve emailed Roberts. I also found an Intertec manual at the local library that has 19 pages on Homelite/Bearcat. Certainly not a complete manual but enough to get started.

kerry
              Participant

US Member

The Fiberglassics website has a forum for Homelite and Bearcat outboards. If answers are unavailable here, they may have them. http://www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums.html

If you have too many, AND not enough, you're a collector.

4stroke
                Participant

Need a manual? PM me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.