Home Forum Ask A Member How bad do you want one?

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    labrador-guy
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Tubs, hope I can bump into you one of these days! We have a lot in common. I have two knees that hurt from cranking those knuckle heads! Ya get the piston up on compression, just push it through compression a little, then move the pedal back to the top and give’er a big push and it slips down to bottom! OUCH! Knee goes to far, try other leg for awhile. Darn thing didn’t always slip but when it did it hurt! They were not the greatest bikes in the world but the prices they get for them now is amazing.

Love those board tracker bikes also! That Indian outboard is cool. Way out a touch for this old guy. Thanks for posting.

dale

lyks2tinkr
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Ok, not 5 figures but a very healthy 4 figures.
        There was a same vintage Indian that sold on Ebay that was a few miles from me and in better condition that sold for a bit less than half the asking price for this one.
        I’m sure some Indian motorcycle collector will snap it up.
        Maybe if you buy the Flying Merkel they’ll throw in the Indian as a sweetener 🙂

slim60
        Participant

I thought this looked familiar. We used to ride from Kenosha to Davenport every September in time for the Friday night flat track races. Enter the side entrance for free and set up our tents at the far end of the fairgrounds by a residential neighborhood. Then over to the supermarket for food to cook out, beer and ice. A lot of fine antiques at the show and some interesting people. Big swap meet too. It was a great weekend trip.

garry-in-michigan
          Participant

Lifetime Member

One of our members has one and he had oversize pistons made for his. He told me the main problem with the outboard was they used air cooled motorcycle clearances which were too big for water cooled outboards. Most blamed excessive exhaust restriction on the poor performance and drilled extra holes in the muffler to compensate. He proved his point by running his Indian Silver Arrow all day at our Florida Chapter meet. I have to say it performed admirably. I have looked through my pictures and have sadly concluded his pictures must have been on one of the hard drives lost to one of Tampa’s numerous lightning strikes . . . 😥

The Boat House
            Participant

That seems to be the asking price at this event.
              Here is one form 2010.

bob-d
              Participant

US Member

Here is another. I guess the $7500 is a bargain after all.
                Bob D
                https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-INDIAN … Swk6dbjVw2

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.