Home Forum Ask A Member how rare and how valuable

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    abbaswaldo
    Participant

Milburn cub in great condition but too intimidated to get a rope and pull. How rare are one of these and how what is the market value for them?

1946zephyr
      Participant

Never be afraid to put a rope to a classic. The best thing to do first though, is make sure every moving part is lubricated correctly. Good luck and have fun

The Boat House
        Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
          • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by The Boat House.
          ddoyle
          Participant

Right now about 10 dollars.

EDIT just realized your not interested in antiques and are simply flipping a collection on ebay so I guess you will be able to answer your own question soon enough LOL

legendre
            Participant
              quote 1946Zephyr:

Never be afraid to put a rope to a classic. The best thing to do first though, is make sure every moving part is lubricated correctly. Good luck and have fun

Hard to say without a first-hand assessment.. but for the most part, if it’s been sitting a long time, running some fresh oil & gas through it is about the best thing you could do right now.

ddoyle
              Participant

He wont put gas in it cause he wants to be able to ship it to an ebay buyer 😉 Plus if he pulls it over and it is siezed, lacks compression, clunks or lacks spark then he will need to change his optimistic ad. Ignorance is bliss.

legendre
                Participant
                  quote ddoyle:

He wont put gas in it cause he wants to be able to ship it to an ebay buyer 😉 Plus if he pulls it over and it is siezed, lacks compression, clunks or lacks spark then he will need to change his optimistic ad. Ignorance is bliss.

Ah.. it’s being offered up as an "untested" example, is it? LoL!

Mumbles
                  Participant

Is this the one?

It’s only $900. 😆

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-RARE-MILB … 50&vxp=mtr

david-bartlett
                    Participant

P.T. Barnum said it…………………..

legendre
                      Participant
                        quote Mumbles:

Is this the one?

It’s only $900. 😆

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-RARE-MILB … 50&vxp=mtr

From the text of the original eBay ad, reproduced here under Fair-Use rules for educational purposes:

"For all I know it is in perfect working condition but im not going to find out. ( PLEASE ANALYZE THE PICTURES BECAUSE I WAS INFORMED THEY SOLD KITS FOR THIS PIECE TO ASSEMBLE AND I AM SEEKING INSIGHT FROM THE EBAY COMMUNITY TO DETERMINE IF THIS IS A REPLICA OR AN AUTHENTIC MILBURN CUB"

Bold is mine. Anyone care to take a stab at that statement?

@OP – As for "For all I know it is in perfect working condition but im not going to find out." – Oh, cut the crap. Pull the plug, put your finger over the hole and give the rope a tug.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.