Home Forum Ask A Member Identifying an old 2-blade prop (OMC 277650-ish?)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    M3Bob
    Participant

Trying this again because when i added images it got flagged as spam.

Hi all. Hoping to leverage the expertise here…i’ve got an old Ray (also marketed as Nature Boy) electric outboard from, at a guess, late 1970s-early 1980s and trying to find a prop. It very much looks like the prop on there is from an Evinrude/Johnson/Fleetwin 7.5hp-ish model circa 1950s or so; it’s a 2-blade aluminum pin drive in the 8×8 range. I’ve been trying to cross-reference the prop seal data to see if i can narrow it down as my prop shaft is 5/8″. Is anyone aware of a reference that shows the bore sizes for the various OMC props (or at least the prop shaft diameters)…especially the 277276 prop (best guess)?

The existing prop is extremely similar (if not identical) to the “good prop” on this message:
      https://www.aomci.org/forums/topic/shaking-at-high-rpm-running-1955-evinrude-fleetwin-aquasonic-7-5hp/page/2/#post-184120

And just for curiosities sake…were any vintage outboards made that didn’t have a reverse gear and only used brass/bronze solid bearings? I’m wondering if the people that build this motor also used a lower unit from an existing motor. The gear case head is also threaded into the lower unit.

Many thanks!

IMG_5102-2

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by M3Bob.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Mumbles.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.