Home Forum Ask A Member info for Frank

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    wiscoboater
    Participant

wiscoboater
      Participant

This is everything I have to date Frank. Most of it is greek to me. Can you make sense of it?

wiscoboater
        Participant

Sorry, I thought I was attaching this to my original post for "West Bend help". I’m none to sharp with computers. I’m giving myself a gold star for the day just for getting the pics up!

wiscoboater
          Participant

Here is the best wiring diagram I have of the motor I am working on. 1961 West Bend Golden shark 40hp Model# 40161

wiscoboater
            Participant

The 2 junction points, labeled 1 and 2. What the heck are those?

frankr
              Participant

US Member

Now we are getting confused. In my pictures album, I have the last picture and the first one in your previous post as belonging to Scott-McCulloch, not West Bend. Pictures 3&4 in the previous post would appear to be West Bend. Do they seem to match your motor? Does your motor actually have that reactor thing?

I am going to post the one that I have for a West Bend. When I get it scanned, etc.

frankr
                Participant

US Member

OK, does this look like your motor?

wiscoboater
                  Participant

All the pics are from these 2 books. I have another service manual coming this week. Pics one and 2 are from the Sears, Elgin West bend book, as well as the wiring diagram from my last post. Pics 3 and 4 are from the West Bend parts catalog.

wiscoboater
                    Participant

My motor does not have part "N’ in your diagram. Funny you should mention the Scott motor. It is shown on the cover of the manual, but never mentioned within. I think I got some kind of generic manual on that one. It does not mention the Tillotson carb my motor has either.

frankr
                      Participant

US Member

It has to have "N", the alternator (stator) windings under the flywheel. That is the main component of the charging system, yesterday, today, and probably tomorrow. So if the rest matches, then that must be the diagram.

But I see where the confusion is coming from. West Bend made motors for Sears, then Scott-McCulloch took over. I guess they even overlapped for awhile. But they are two totally different creatures.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.