Home Forum Ask A Member Is this tank missing anything?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    opposedtwin
    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Other than a gas cap, I guess…..

Attachments:

frankr
      Participant

US Member

How many gallons? I believe that tank is for permanent installation with deck fill and vent.

garry-in-michigan
        Participant

Lifetime Member

The fine print says "Capacity 12 gallons plus oil", I believe Tempo (and others) made tanks for permanent installation in various shapes. I have seen capacities up to 18 gallons. Triangle Boats and Motors on Gratiot Ave. in Detroit was a Tempo distributor as well as an Evinrude Parts distributor for Michigan and northern Ohio and Indiana. Tempo also offered a piston pump that would screw on to the fill fitting which could be used to refill smaller tanks. Many of the various fittings used may now be found in the Sierra Marine catalog.

Those of you that received a reprint of our first Outboarder magazine will note the back page contains as ad from Triangle Boats & Motors listing there stock of trade-in Elto Ruddertwins for sale. When I was assistant Parts Manager their in the mid 1950s, they had a couple dozen stacked in the basement. The founders, Jack Furgeson & Phil "Frenchie" Cory, retired to Florida in the late ’60s. They used the money from there 40+ year Outboard business to build a big apartment house in Miami that kept them secure in there retirement. . . 😎

amuller
          Participant

Tin tank. Make sure it’s not dangerously rusted.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.