Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson AB-25 Restoration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    muddog2
    Participant

Here is a Johnson AB 25 I have been working on. Trying to get it running again. Has compression and the previous owner said it ran 5 years ago, but the wires got hot so he turned it off.

Progress

Robert

muddog2
      Participant

The kill switch wire on this motor is a braided wire. The cloth casing is coming off and I was doing renovation on a 1930’s house and got some telephone wire that is the same size with good casing on it. The wire is a single wire. Will this work?
        Thanks, Robert

stanley
        Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Should work.If it doesn’t,you’ll know when you lose spark or the engine won’t stop when you want.

Mumbles
          Participant

Your motor has the very desirable brass/bronze gearcase and A/V plate on it!

pm-t2
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Lower unit aside, the real desirable part on this motor is the wood tiller handle originally wrapped in leather. Save that puppy. Repro-s are selling for north of $50 US and they are good repops, but not exact copies (slight dimensional differences make the repops larger than originals)

Best,
              PM T2

muddog2
              Participant

Thanks, if I get it running, I will not use the original handle when I take it out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.