Home Forum Ask A Member Johnson TD-20 carb info

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alvins
    Participant

I put together a TD-20 from the 3 motors I got and it actually runs! Not real good, but it runs! What should be the setting on the needle screw that is controlled by the large dial on top of the engine? Does it stay the same or do you keep adjusting it? How about the other crazy needle valve with the L shaped adjusting rod? Also, I have the brass plunger primer but nothing attached to it. I think I am missing linkage here? Thanks for the help.

crosbyman
      Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

don’t know if a TD is a "t" class motor as describded in this article but here goes…..

http://www.pochefamily.org/outboard/CarbService.html

Carburation adjmnts for TD and TN is covered in the Johnson bible page 89 someone may have it for you in PDF I can’t seem to be able to extract just one page from my PDF file

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

alvins
        Participant

Thanks for your input. The link was helpful. Now I see how the high speed jet ties into the plunger primer. Think I am missing that part but I can make something myself. I think I need to go and order the kit for the seals on the primer plunger. Need to find the Johnson Bible. If all else fails there is always the library.

bob-d
          Participant

US Member

Here you go.

Attachments:

crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Bob D … nice of you to supply copy.. he will need a few more pages 90 91 92… ?

leather seals for the plunger ( mine was a TN27) are available probably from "Mr Jackson" AOMCI . I got mine from him last year for $8 (I think it was Loyd…J ) I hope the TN seals are the same as for a TD27 ????

poche family info on seals may be outdated but try it

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

garry-in-michigan
              Participant

Lifetime Member

This applies . . . 😀

alvins
                Participant

Thanks guys for all your time and input. The specific answer was in the very last paragraph, but much additional info was there too that will be helpful. This Christmas thing is getting in the way of my rebuild!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.