Home Forum Ask A Member Looking for parts for a late 40’s early 50’s model 2.5 hp

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    scavenger
    Participant

Hi.

My neighbour has a late 40’s early 50’s model 2.5 hp motor. He thought it was a 3HP but someone on the marineengine.com site (who directed me here) said it’s a 2.5. The id plate was removed from the motor so it’s difficult to identify accurately. Anyway, he’s missing one of the three pawls and all three pawl springs, and would like to get replacements. I don’t have a way to post a pic of the motor or parts. I’ll sign up for one of those photo sites so I can post a pic link as well. Thanks in advance for any help. Richard

frankr
      Participant

US Member

This kind??

scavenger
        Participant

Yes. I think so. I think I figured out how to post pics. Let’s see. 🙂

Motor Pic Link: http://gdurl.com/6m8J

Pawl Pic Link: http://gdurl.com/UBCb

scavenger
          Participant

Let me know if those links don’t work. They work for me but it’s my Google Drive so maybe I have permission being the owner.

The Boat House
            Participant

Links worked for me.
              Just made some springs last week.
              Click on the link.

http://aomci.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17138&p=90703#p90703

frankr
              Participant

US Member

The equalizer ring is also missing. (the round ring on top of the pawls)

Pawl is part #44-15 (004415), equalizer ring is 42-204 (042204). Somebody here may have some and PM you.

steveh
                Participant

US Member

The motor ID will be stamped on the right side of the motor. You can see it if you look up under the lower cowl.

2fast4me
                  Participant

HD25 maybe?

2Fast4Me

aquasonic
                    Participant

US Member

Looks like an HD-25 with the cast tank.

scavenger
                      Participant

You’re all right. 😉 My neighbour check for the motor id (as per SteveH) and it is an HD25. My neighbour confirmed that he has the equalizer ring. So he just needs 1 pawl and 3 pawl springs. Are part #’s (per Tubs) still correct now that we know it’s an HD25? So, the pawl is likely something we can source here, but we’ll have to make our own springs? How to I indicate that I’m looking for the pawl, other than this thread? Thanks so much. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.