Home Forum Ask A Member low cost carb kits ….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

posting link info because of display failure

ok I know some carb gaskets (orange) haved melted but… at $5 you get misc parts and a float !!!!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07VB2M5T4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by crosbyman.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by crosbyman.
      russ
      Participant

Are these carb kits on Amazon .ca.Called OMC dealer in Woodstock ont yesterdy for needle valve packing washers.$5.50 each and carb kit now $50.00. Russ…

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

image wont link to amazon … recopy the link info in the attached picture carb-link .jpg to reach it

hurry they are going fast

seakaye12
          Participant

US Member

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=b07vb2m5t4&ref=nb_sb_noss
            US Version is more $$$
            https://www.amazon.com/s?k=b07vb2m5t4&ref=nb_sb_noss

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by seakaye12.
            crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

the kit included a $2 coupon rebate but ordering 5 only gave a $2 rebate….. call me cheap… I expected 5x$2 in rebates 🙂 ho well I should have ordered 5 individual kits 🙂

btw these kits probably have the metric jet which don’t fit but for the price the other parts are fine

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by crosbyman.
              Mumbles
              Participant

The threads on the float valve are not metric but just haven’t been cut deep enough and require chasing with a dye. After chasing the threads, they work great.

crosbyman
                Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

what thread size dye should I use to shape it ?

my error seems I read not to long ago it was metric… if not well that is great news ..i’ll have a few spares 🙂 I gave up on because they would not screw in the carbs

I will try to recut the threads with my famous “Master Craft” kit 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by crosbyman.
                  Mumbles
                  Participant

The threads are 5/16 – 24 and I like to run the it thru the back side of the dye after running it thru from the front side. This way the threads get cut all the way down to the head. The original screwdriver slot is pretty small to so it can get enlarged with a Dremel.

DSC00090

Mumbles
                    Participant

I’ve used some of these style Chinglish kits in the past and haven’t had any problems with them yet, although the motors with them on haven’t been used much. One thing I found besides the float valve threads needing chasing was the plastic washers for the packing washers are too large and I had to use some spare left over ones. Maybe I should pull a carb off and check the condition of the gaskets as It’s been close to a year now.

These cheap kits are also ‘Add On’ items with a purchase of $25 or more. Time to go shopping soon!!

Carb-Kits-

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Mumbles.
                      bill-mcnamara
                      Participant

Canada Member

Ordered some of these kits to have a look and give them a try.
                        Got some for big twins, and some for smaller motors like 18, 10, etc.
                        As mentioned, the threads on the needle seats required a little work, but otherwise look fine!

Thanks for the “heads-up” guys! Good supply of bits and pieces.

Bill.

P.S. The floats are hollow, instead of being made from foam.
                        Larger kits seem to be missing the main jet seal.
                        Smaller kits also contain a fairly large do-nut that looks more like a shift-rod seal?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.