Home Forum Ask A Member Martin 20 Outboard lower shroud/cowling

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pcurry077
    Participant

Hello. I am restoring a 1948 Martin 20 outboard serial # A 5185. When I got motor it did not have lower front and rear shrouds. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get them or had any for sale. Also on the Larson outboard site when I choose decal set it shows the guy with the pipe and hat in the set. The motor I have does not have the guy in the hat but rather a guy driving a boat and some birds. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get that decal instead as I would like to keep it as original as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

jpatti75
      Participant

US Member

Hi Phil,

Try a wanted ad on our site’s classifieds link to track down the lower cowl. They might be a little tough to come by as that is a popular little motor. As for your decals, there is a guy on eBay who sells Martin 20 decals in vinyl, and although they don’t currently come with the logo you are looking for, I have dealt with several vendors who are willing to make them custom. The seller’s name is TK1806 — perhaps if you send him a picture if the logo, he’ll work with you.

Good luck!
        JP

pcurry077
        Participant

Hi JP…Thanks for the info. I will try the posting.

ryanjames170
          Participant

Get in contact with Russell at https://martinoutboards.com he might have one but also will he a very good source for info and parts

pcurry077
            Participant

OK. Thanks

The Boat House
              Participant

I belive the first or second guy, past the swimming area
                on the lake side, at Tomahawk had a tank and
                covers for a 20 – make an offer. Still had them
                Sat Morning. Anybody know who that is?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.