Home Forum Ask A Member Merc 200 Ignition

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mumbles
    Participant

My prayer was answered and I found my re-cip saw with a metal cutting blade attached. After a quick cut of the universal joint shaft, everything came apart for repair work. Rust was holding the square end in so that’s all cleaned up now.

This project is going to get a bit more involved than I planned as the vertical shift shaft doesn’t want to turn freely and I suspect it’s bent. That means off with the powerhead! While it’s off, it would be a good time to fix the tight swivel and pivot action as I’m sure the salt has done something to tighten everything up.

The carb is cleaned out and it has a nice blue spark on both plugs but I better fix those other problems before starting it. It may have to wait a while as there’s a ’57 Sportwin here calling for help!

Is there another source for diagrams besides ME?

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercu … ru-2827676

Attachments:

seakaye12
      Participant

US Member

Wow! Mumbs….that U-Joint shaft magically healed itself?

Again your prayers were answered; eh?

I will follow this thread hoping that you end up dis-assembling the rusty mid-section. I have the identical motor here. I even have a broken U-Joint Shaft. Mine is a 1969. The Powerhead is fine; as is the lower unit (Yay!) But….it will NOT tilt. Completely corrosion-frozen. So….you will "show me the way"…..

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.