Home Forum Ask A Member Merc 200 Swivel Pin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mumbles
    Participant

Saving the best for last, I’m looking at this 200 swivel assembly and I don’t see anything holding the swivel pin in place. Is it supposed to slide out the top? I couldn’t turn it when the motor was complete so I’ve made sure my torch bottles are full as this thing is probably full of Pacific seawater corrosion. 😥

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercu … t-assembly

Attachments:

dave-bernard
      Participant

US Member

Propane is not enough. you need oxy acetalene torch.

dan-in-tn
        Participant

US Member

While you are at it remove the tilt tube #4 on the ME pic. We had an old oven we used for things like this (along with block sleeving. Heat the whole piece to about 300*. You need welding gloves & decide how you are going to press it before you heat it. Can be quite the job or go smoothly. Usually a bitch! Good luck. After you get it apart clean up will be easy.

Dan in TN

20mercman
          Participant

US Member

If it is stuck in the swivel bracket portion of the assembly, there is a flat ground on the pin that allows grease to move from the zerk fitting down to the bottom of the bracket. The co-pilot plate has two ears that ride into two slots cut into the top of the swivel pin. The ears can be broken off if you place too much force on them. The best option is heat, and don’t worry about using too much of it. Once you start to heat it, the grease, what is left of it will start to run out and perhaps loosen the pin. I have an extra pin if you end up needing one. I am going to be running some motors, so I won’t be on here much for a week or so, but I will check back.

Steve

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.