Home Forum Ask A Member Mercury Mark 25 Prop Adaptor

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    jw-in-dixie
    Participant

Yeah, Dave, I forget about right and left, as most of my motors are built on K bottoms. Who needs neutral – ain’t you ready to move out? 🙂

dsaulsbury
      Participant

US Member

You should be able to run a cross pin prop as long as the I.D. of the replacement prop is same as the O.D. of the splines and the two pins fit in the recess of the replacement cross pin prop and the rotation and length fit the Merc. I had an adapter made for a Merc Silent six that allowed me to run 3 blade Zephyr prop that was 1-1/2" larger pitch than the stock Merc prop in a 6 HP race a local PA chapter race.

Don

bobvdinghyracer
        Participant

US Member

i have built and modded several mk15-25 propshafts and adapter to fit all kind of props , possibly can help you out … most important is what are you putting motor on ??? this will help to determine how much a mk25 can take , i used a mich 7.5 x12p on 1 with a merc 200 and mk20 leg, slitely ported used on a 9ft inflatable would run high 30`s and same motor on 11ft utility… bout 39mph … thats around 7000rpm @10%slip…. need to kno what boat and your intent… go from there , i have a very good assortment of rt hand props that could be adapted / with the adapter
          ps just signed up to this board , am also on johns merc site same handle …

chinewalker
          Participant

US Member

Correct info above – just because the splines fit does not mean it’ll work. You’re unlikely to find an props of the correct diameter, rotation and pitch to accomplish anything approaching good " performance".

jeff-register
            Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Again,
              Better to run Elmer’s design. Yes my KG4 & 7 are not for sale cept 2 Dave. My 63 200 runs better bonded & auto trans powerhead,
              Just Me

mercuryman
              Participant

Cheetahgod has run a ad for 13" pitch prop to fit Mark 25. The only 13" I see was for a Mark 30 but I think it will fit.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.