Home Forum Ask A Member MIssing jet orifice 0315140 Evinrude 6r74C

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    crosbyman
    Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

in fixing up my 6hp I seem to be missing an insert behind the bottom bolt on the carb (high speed jet)

it appears to be part # 0315140 Evinrude which list as unavailable 🙁

is there a replacement for this part 😕

Joining AOMCI has priviledges 🙂

frankr
      Participant

US Member

Missing? Wonder where the heck it went. Anyhoo, 0315140 has a 0.044" orifice. It looks like the next size smaller (by my 1978 chart) is 0311854, which is 0.041" or 3 thousandths smaller. It is available at marineengine.com. You could get that and run a #57 drill through it which is 0.043"
        diameter, or 1 thousandth too small. That starts to become trial and error.

Option #2 is change the float bowl to an older type with adjustable high speed needle and saw the needle off for clearance.

Option #3 is install the accessory adjustable needle kit, if you can find one. I haven’t gone the next step to find the part number for the kit.

EDIT: Oh yeah, you are in Canada. Changing the float bowl might be the easiest/cheapest way to go. There are thousands of them laying around in people’s dark and dusty corners.

EDIT, EDIT: Actually, I don’t know if the old style bowl with a packing nut will fit in the cowling. You will have to look at the situation and evaluate it.

crosbyman
        Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

ok good suggestions.. I have an old battered… rebuilt….. JW I was planning to be a donor for coils..possibly points so maybe the carb lower may fit

i’ll check it out… if anybody would like to donate to the cause I am open to it 😉

thanks

dan-in-tn
          Participant

US Member

I have jets if you need one. Let me make sure I have a 44. I’ll get back with you as soon as I check.

Went outside & checked. I have them. Give me an address & I will get it out today.

Dan in TN

crosbyman
            Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

crow again for supper …

I am embarassed to no end I was going to PM you but took time for a closer….. look way way …….inside :geek:

and saw it.. sitting there snug way in beyond the big bolt

so… thanks immensely for the offer

FR was right again … where did it go ! ? … nowhere

dan-in-tn
              Participant

US Member

Do you have the tool to remove it? Just a regular screw driver doesn’t work well. Need a round barrel driver with a square head on it the size of the jet. I have two jets here ready to send. One is .044 & other is .045. Sometimes it’s not a bad idea to go a little richer if you are going to use ethanol based fuel? It runs leaner. Anyway let me know if you need them. I have plenty.

Dan in TN

crosbyman
                Participant

Canada Member - 2 Years

Thanks much,

I do not want to impose for now in case another member would need them.

I’ll run my 6r in the Spring and if I have any issues I’ll raise my hand again.

I have a good feeling about this engine and as soon as I install my new cyl head gasket I’ll test the compression on it .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.