Home Forum Ask A Member Model Year – old old Johnsons

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    george-emmanuel
    Participant

US Member

"Not to be a trouble maker, but George’s point about the Ship’s Store is a good one. My question is why the Ship’s Store isn’t online. I understand that establishing an online e-commerce site might no be too easy, but I haven’t ever seen the Ship’s Store’s merchandise listed and displayed online. Just a thought. :)"

Thanks for the note! I’ll mention that to the Council,—-but as an FYI, the Ship’s Store is heavily advertised in the Outboarder magazine.

George

itchy
      Participant

US Member - 2 Years

OK Page 276 of the Old Outboard Motor Book shows the total serial numbers for a given year. I have a Johnson Model HD25 and would like to check the serial number of that motor to see what year it was manufactured. Where would I look?

The Boat House
        Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
          • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by The Boat House.
          itchy
          Participant

US Member - 2 Years

So – is Johnson Serial Numbers-2.jpg a website or something I would put into google? I’m not very technological a you can tell.

david-bartlett
            Participant
              quote itchy:

So – is Johnson Serial Numbers-2.jpg a website or something I would put into google? I’m not very technological a you can tell.

Itchy,

Not a website. That is a scan from Peter Hunn’s "The Old Outboard Book". It is definitely worth buying if you are going to do much with this hobby.

davidk
              Participant

US Member - 2 Years

I wonder if Itchy can’t see the imbedded image, but only the file name, for some reason?

itchy
                Participant

US Member - 2 Years

OK. I am so slow. Was looking for a serial number series for each Johnson model. I am understanding now that a given
                  serial number is only used once no matter the model. Just didn’t get that in my head. I do have the Old Outboard book but
                  thought that the total number of serial numbers did not represent specific models. Thank you all for your patience. But now
                  I can go back to my Johnson collection and figure their year. Have been wondering that for long time.

The Boat House
                  Participant

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by The Boat House.
                    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by The Boat House.
                    Steve A W
                    Participant

US Member - 2 Years

Me too ❗

Steve A W

Member of the MOB chapter.
                      I live in Northwest Indiana

Randy in Tampa
                      Participant

first let me say great catch that is my endless pursuit of motors, external rotary valve Johnson’s you’re very lucky man to find that,Second I have a lot of parts and a lot of information on external rotary valve motors and I’m more than willing to share if you need some please let me know, Randy in Tampa 😎 [/color]

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.